Quick links to Info on this Page
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera
Don’t let this small camera fool you. The PowerShot ELPH 300 HS digital camera’s slim appearance might look like it’s not capable of much, but this camera will blow your socks off! It’s touted as “The World’s Thinnest Camera.” This incredible little camera shoots brilliant still images, incredibly detailed 1080p Full HD video, as well as having serious functionality, and a number of special effects and automatic settings.
Can they pack that much into such a small camera? Why yes they can!
A Description of the Canon PowerShot Digital Camera
Big bulky cameras are out and slim, sleek cameras are in. This Canon PowerShot 300 HS is less than an inch deep and weighs in at just under five ounces. It’s the perfect pocket camera. Equipped with a 24mm ultra wide-angle lens with a powerful 5x optical zoom gives you the flexibility to shoot in any number of situations. No matter what situation you’re in, you don’t have to give up your style for power because the PowerShot ELPH 300 HS keeps you covered on both fronts. To keep from getting too shaky while zoomed in on the perfect subject, the optical image stabilizer comes to the rescue.[DEAL_OF_THE_DAY]
Not enough lighting? Not a problem! The Canon HS SYSTEM takes the nuisance out of low-light situations by delivering clear, blur-free shots with the environment intact without the side effects of a flash. Beautiful low-light shots are possible at both low and high ISO speeds.
Two Technologies in One Great Camera
The system of merging two powerful camera technologies is brought together in this compact PowerShot camera. The first is the 12.1 Megapixel CMOS Sensor. This positions the light-receiving surface for the best possible light reception. This creates clearer image with lots of detail, even in dark areas.
This Works together with the second technology, the CMOS sensor to deliver the HS SYSTEM. This is Canon’s advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to actively reduce noise and deliver high speed image processing.Canon’s HS System provides dramatically greater sensitivity than most cameras with identical or greater megapixel counts. That means you don’t need excessive megapixels to get spectacular images with minimal noise, and you get great results out of the 12.1 megapixel ELPH 300 HS.
Great for Shooting Movies
Want to experience the brilliance of HD video in a point and shoot camera? The Canon PowerShot ELPH digital camera makes it easy. With a dedicated movie button, you’ll be able to easily record in high-definition detail at the push of a button. Record in Full 1080p HD with stereo sound. You can also buy the optional HTC-100 HDMI cable for viewing your footage directly on an HDTV.
The PowerShot ELPH 300 HS gives you a variety of resolution options for shooting movies, depending on your needs. You can shoot in:
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 30 fps for up to 14 min. 34 sec. 4GB per clip.
- HD (1280 x 720) at 24 fps for up to 20 min. and 43 sec 4GB per clip.
- VGA (640 x 480) at 30 fps for up to 43 min. and 43 sec. 4GB per clip
- QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour 58 min. and 19 sec 4GB per clip.
- Super Slow Motion Movie: Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
- Miniature Movie Mode: This mode enhances perspective to make large scenes like cityscapes or landscapes appear to be in miniature proportions.
Stand Out Features
- Reduce the need for a flash with Canon’s HS SYSTEM with a 12.1 MP CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves shooting in low-light situations
- Get high-speed shooting in a point-and-shoot camera: High-speed Burst Mode captures 8.0fps and
- Properly select settings with Smart AUTO based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
- Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow slow motion playback.
- Zoom optically while shooting video and keep footage stabilized with Dynamic IS.
- Toy Camera Effect for an artistic effect
- Monochrome Effect for an artistic effect
A few people reported that the camera broke on them after a short time. As one would expect, there was no report on exactly how the camera was treated before it broke.
Some people complained that the clarity of the pictures was not what they had hoped for. Some reasons for this were due to the fact owners were accustomed to a nicer camera and were disappointed with this one. However, many more people reported they were very satisfied with the quality of this camera.
Should You Buy the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera?
If you are looking for a high quality camera that is a point and shoot and compact, this is certainly the camera to go for. It is the best selling camera on Amazon. It takes high quality camera and movie shooting to a whole new level. The Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera is worth the price. It has an average of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon, which is an excellent rating for electronics on Amazon.